Thursday, June 3, 2010

Invierno

6-1

Tonight I had a great dinner, and I was actually really hungry for dinner, which is unusual because they feed me a lot here! My dinner had like 4 vegetables a small portion of rice and eggs (no meat)….just how I like it.

Wow it is already June first! I bet the spring weather at home is amazing right now, though it is probably starting to get pretty hot. I really do miss spring, and I have a feeling it will be hard to live without fall and winter too J Here there are only two seasons, invierno and vierno. Right now it is changing over to invierno which means winter, but here it basically means the drier season. It has been pleasantly nice temperature wise, during parts of April and May it was so hot it was really hard to move at times haha, but now it is quite comfortable. Vierno means summer which is the rainy season and it is also hotter and more humid. Another interesting thing about living on the equator is that the length of each day is the same throughout the year, the sun rises at 6:30 am and sets at 6:30 pm, so there are no sweet long days of summer and ridiculously short daylight winter days.

No comments:

Post a Comment