Saturday, February 27, 2010

Now that I´m actually here in Ecuador I haven´t had a chance to post till now.

So I am now living with a host family in a small town around Cayambe. I just got here yesterday and it has been quite a change of pace from "summer camp" which was what the first week of training was like....now this is the real deal!

My host family is great so far, we spent most of the evening trying to communicate which is always interesting. They have hosted a few other volunteers before though, so I think they are used to our lack of spanish skills.

A few days ago we took a trip out to an integrated farm and learned a few techniques for sustainable farming which we may implement into our communities.

So much has happened in the last few weeks I don´t even know where to start! So far everything is going well. We are having spanish overload every day and I really hope I am learning something haha.

I will go ahead and update the blog at some point when things settle down a bit...and I have tons of pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. April, it's great to hear how things are going, and to see the picasaweb pictures--thanks for taking them time to post them! All well here, though it's a little sad to see your (and Sabrina's) cubicles sitting empty at work...we ducked the most recent snowstorm, but plenty of snow still on the ground. Have fun and take care -Ben

    ReplyDelete