Wednesday, May 26, 2010

A few Snapshots

Apparently the best Pan de Yuca in the world....it is very yummy
I went to visit some other cacao organizations in the area to see how they run their organizations. This is where they dry out their cacao after it has been fermented. It usually takes more than 3 days to dry out.
Amber and I, Omnibus 103
These are coffee beans which a farmer had dropped off to the centro de acopio in town
This is my office! Pretty huh :) They are planning to officially open this month once they build the marquesina (which is where the cacao is dried). Right now this is basically where we have meetings and I am teaching english classes.

This is during a minga which our organization was having to clear out a plot of land for planting. There was much sweat and macheting involved.
Children love to play with tires: just an observation
Maybe my future home?!?
The grandchildren of my host parents playing with their pigs
Passing time on the front porch at my house...cuties
Ariel wants to be just like Daddy on the moto

Just helping grandpa fix a flat, he may not talk yet but he sure can work a moto
Aloooo

My host mother and the grandchildren

Ooops I just killed two baby chicks.....the look of innocence

No comments:

Post a Comment