Sunday, March 14, 2010

Every Kids Dream…


So I was lucky enough to have cake for breakfast twice this week…I must be dreaming or something. I admit sometimes it still doesn’t feel real. After a quick chat on the internet with family and friends from home I always have to pinch myself back to reality when I’m finished. “Oh yeah, I’m doing Peace Corps and I’m in Ecuador right now!”

We are officially at the 3 week point. Everything has been wonderful so far and time has flown by, though I feel like I have been here forever. Next week we find out our site locations! NEXT WEEK! Then we head off two days later for a week site visit in which we will be living in our site with our host family. This is very exciting but also nerve wrecking because it will be the first time we are really off on our own. Up until this point Peace Corps has pretty much held our hand each step of the way, but at this point they are letting us go to see how we do on our own. This is the beginning of a two year journey and like any change it is exciting, and intimidating.


Today while we were walking back from town we passed by a chicken handing by a foot off a balcony. I personally thought this was a new quilt free method to killing a chicken instead of actually snapping it’s neck, but really it had wandered off the balcony and was tied so that it couldn’t get away. Just another ordinary day.

1 comment:

  1. HAHA this makes me laugh so much! Can't wait to come visit... hopefully i can see chickens, too, but not hanging off of balconies.

    ReplyDelete